Friday, May 3, 2013

Soup sounds good to me

Back in April, I wrote how it was odd to be seeking comfort food in April. Well sure enough, we sit here in eastern Iowa on May 3 and thank goodness I am looking at nothing but 35 degrees and persistent rain. Because in central Iowa (and many other parts where friends and family live) wet and heavy snow to the tune of almost a foot has rocked the start to month number 5 of 2013. Heck, school delays, cancellations and early dismissals are a part of life right now because of weather.

In light of all of this, while soup is never a bad option to me, has it ever sounded so good? So tonight, soup it is. I am thinking Chicken Corn Chowder sounds good. It will make use of chicken we have already in the fridge, will have a little flavor of Mexico - appropriate since Cinco de Mayo is this weekend - and

One of the many great things about Tastefully Simple products is turning them into dinner. With a product or two, an ingredient or two (that usually is on hand or easily obtained from a quick grocery run) and not that much time, dinner is on the table. So hopefully, following the below recipe (not my own but from tastefullysimple.com, thanks Dawn Dean from Georgia), dinner tonight will resemble this:

 
I will update this with any personal twists I apply to the recipe and maybe, a photo of my own.
 
Chicken Corn Chowder
Submitted by Dawn Dean (GA)

Ingredients
Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup Mix
6 cups water
1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
11 oz. can mexi corn
4.5 oz. can chopped green chiles
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions
Prepare soup as directed on package with water; Simmer 30 minutes. Add remaining ingredients;stir to blend. Let simmer until heated through. Makes 6-8 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment